The Safe Imager™ 2.0 Blue-Light Transilluminator is designed for viewing stained gels on the laboratory bench top, or within a gel documentation system. The Safe Imager™ 2.0 is supplied with a Safe Imager™ amber filter unit, a power cord, and Safe Imager™ viewing glasses.
Light from the LED source inside the transilluminator passes through a blue filter producing a single-intensity signal at approximately 470 nm, effective for the excitation of SYBR® Safe DNA gel stain, and many other other Invitrogen proprietary nucleic acid and protein stains, such as SYBR® Gold, SYBR® Green I and II, SYPRO® Ruby, SYPRO® Orange, and Coomassie Fluor™ Orange stains.
Sensitivity obtained using this instrument is comparable to that obtained with a standard UV transilluminator.
- Does not cause burn to your skin and eyes
- Minimizes damage to your DNA samples and gives enhanced cloning efficiencies
Enjoy superior performance and versatility
- Electrical power cord includes adapter for connecting inside most gel documentation systems
- Produces brighter light and more uniform emission than conventional blue light sources
- Provides optimal excitation for SYBR® Safe DNA gel stain
- Optimized for use with other nucleic acid and protein stains such SYBR® Gold, SYBR® Green I & II, SYPRO® Ruby, SYPRO® Orange, and Coomassie Fluor™ Orange stains
- Instrument dimensions: 195 × 325 × 65 mm (11.6 × 12.8 × 2.6 in)
- Viewing surface dimensions: 190 × 190 mm (7.5 × 7.5 in)
- LED life: 50,000 hours
- Complies with the European Community Safety requirements
- This device contains Class 1 LED products
- Light source: light emitting diodes (LED) producing a narrow emission peak centered at ~470 nm
- Included accessories: amber filter unit, viewing glasses, and international power cord