Agilent Poroshell 120 columns are a 2.7 µm particle with a 1.7 µm solid core and 0.5 µm porous outer layer. This small particle size provides high efficiency, similar to sub- 2µm columns, but with 40-50% less pressure. The high efficiency, high resolution columns can be used on LC& UHPLC instrument. The porous outer layer and solid core, limit diffusion distance and improve separation speed while the narrow particle size distribution improves efficiency and resolution. The columns can support high pressure and multiple columns can be used for the highest resolution and efficiency possible.
Poroshell 120 offers:
- High efficiency and high resolution, with up to 50% less backpressure than sub- 2 µm columns
- 2 µm frit, for rugged performance with dirty samples
- Compatible with 400 bar and 600 bar LCs, as well as UHPLC instruments
- An expanding family of bonded phases to align with the Agilent ZORBAX family, for reliable scalability
- Excellent selectivity and peak shapes
- Designed for exceptional reproducibility