Academic and pharma cell-based assay research, rely on forms of measurement of living cells. There is a chance to learn/monitor the cells prior to analysis, from the moment cells are placed in culture. Live-Cell Analysis allows real-time analysis with full cell tracking workflows.
Image Credit: Sartorius
This practical and informative session will train and guide you through the entire workflow process of setting up an assay, from harvesting cells, manipulating plates to conducting kinetic assays and analyzing data using the integrated software.
This training supplies examples and practical tips for gathering the best data. A number of instrument choices like objectives, scanning, and signal types are also discussed.
After observing this training video, you should be more confident in:
- Carrying out quantitative analysis to gather relevant information from imaging data
- Sufficient sampling of wells for statistically significant analysis results
- Imaging duration and temporal resolution (discover late-stage activities) – length and frequency
- Understanding more about cell growth, health and morphology of cells in culture, in consideration to physiological conditions
- Optimizing spatial resolution (avoiding phototoxicity)
- Acquiring artifact free monitoring
- Recognizing the how vital cell culture conditions are during acquisition – maintain uncompromised incubation conditions to limit perturbation of the cell microenvironment (constant temp, CO2, humidity, and no physical disturbance/movement)
- Understanding that the value of the data is only as good as its relevance to physiological conditions
- Undertaking analysis without disturbing cultures or removing cells from the incubator
- Profiling cell type-specific and time-dependent biological activity, then validating your results with movies and images
- Knowing how manipulation can influence the consistency of pre-treatments and cell plating
Sartorius is a leading international pharmaceutical and laboratory equipment supplier. With our innovative products and services, we are helping our customers across the entire globe to implement their complex and quality-critical biomanufacturing and laboratory processes reliably and economically.
The Group companies are united under the roof of Sartorius AG, which is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and holds the majority stake in Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A. Quoted on the Paris Stock Exchange, this subgroup is comprised mainly of the Bioprocess Solutions Division.
Innovative technologies enable medical progress
A growing number of medications are biopharmaceuticals. These are produced using living cells in complex, lengthy and expensive procedures. The Bioprocess Solutions Division provides the essential products and technologies to accomplish this.
In fact, Sartorius has been pioneering and setting the standards for single-use products that are currently used throughout all biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
Making lab life easier
Lab work is complex and demanding: Despite repetitive analytical routines, lab staff must perform each step in a highly concentrated and careful way for accurate results.
The Lab Products and Services Division helps lab personnel excel because its products, such as laboratory balances, pipettes and lab consumables, minimize human error, simplify workflows and reduce physical workloads
Sponsored Content Policy: News-Medical.net publishes articles and related content that may be derived from sources where we have existing commercial relationships, provided such content adds value to the core editorial ethos of News-Medical.Net which is to educate and inform site visitors interested in medical research, science, medical devices and treatments.