Using stem cell research, insights into a number of diseases have been acquired. Recent technological advances have enhanced stem cell research enormously. The advantages of real-time imaging and analysis of cells within the incubator are highlighted in the ebook.
Image Credit: Sartorius
The technology has helped many researchers to further elucidate cancer stem cells, the immune system, neurological diseases, chemotherapy side effects, and more. Topics which are covered include:
- The examination of the neurotoxic effects of chemotherapy drugs and how this is affected by the genetics of a patient
- How human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC)-derived neurons have been utilized for long-term, real-time, quantitative analysis of neuronal cell health
- The employment of time-lapse imaging to examine stem cell colony formation and the individual fates of single cancer stem cells
- Acquire instant access to this comprehensive resource, to help understand how the advances in stem cell research can help fast track the fight against a large scope of diseases.
- Ways in which real-time, live-cell imaging has resulted in a better dynamic understanding of the immune system and better immunotherapies
Sartorius is a leading international pharmaceutical and laboratory equipment supplier. With our innovative products and services, we are helping our customers across the entire globe to implement their complex and quality-critical biomanufacturing and laboratory processes reliably and economically.
The Group companies are united under the roof of Sartorius AG, which is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and holds the majority stake in Sartorius Stedim Biotech S.A. Quoted on the Paris Stock Exchange, this subgroup is comprised mainly of the Bioprocess Solutions Division.
Innovative technologies enable medical progress
A growing number of medications are biopharmaceuticals. These are produced using living cells in complex, lengthy and expensive procedures. The Bioprocess Solutions Division provides the essential products and technologies to accomplish this.
In fact, Sartorius has been pioneering and setting the standards for single-use products that are currently used throughout all biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
Making lab life easier
Lab work is complex and demanding: Despite repetitive analytical routines, lab staff must perform each step in a highly concentrated and careful way for accurate results.
The Lab Products and Services Division helps lab personnel excel because its products, such as laboratory balances, pipettes and lab consumables, minimize human error, simplify workflows and reduce physical workloads
Sponsored Content Policy: News-Medical.net publishes articles and related content that may be derived from sources where we have existing commercial relationships, provided such content adds value to the core editorial ethos of News-Medical.Net which is to educate and inform site visitors interested in medical research, science, medical devices and treatments.